Facing Forward: Making a Difference in Cancer is for people who have been affected by cancer and want to give back in some way. You may be a survivor, friend or family member, or a person who has lost someone to the disease. People often feel that they can make a difference in cancer by taking part in cancer-related activities and helping others.
This booklet covers:
- How you may benefit by getting involved in cancer-related activities
- What to think about before you start
- How to know if you’re ready to take part
- Getting involved in everyday ways, such as teaching people about cancer or helping cancer patients and families
- Working with cancer-related organizations
- Looking at ways you could contribute to cancer research
- Working with government organizations
After cancer treatment, many choose to draw on their experience to get involved with cancer-related activities. This booklet offers tips for making a difference and the various ways in which to take part.