This page contains brief information about pertuzumab and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
FDA label information for this drug is available at DailyMed.
Use in Cancer
Pertuzumab is approved to be used with trastuzumab and docetaxel or other drugsto treat:
- Breast cancer that is HER2 positive (HER2+). It is used:
- In patients with metastatic disease that has not been treated with hormone therapy or chemotherapy.
- As neoadjuvant therapy (to shrink the tumor before surgery) in patients with locally advanced, inflammatory, or early stage breast cancer.
- As adjuvant therapy in patients with early stage breast cancer who have a high risk that the cancer will recur (come back).
Pertuzumab is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More A0bout Pertuzumab
Definition from the TCH Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Pertuzumab – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.