This page contains brief information about osimertinib and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
FDA label information for this drug is available at DailyMed.
Use in Cancer
Osimertinib is approved to treat:
- Non-small cell lung cancer that has metastasized (spread to other parts of the body). It is used in patients with tumors that have certain epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene mutations either as first-line treatment or for disease that got worse during or after treatment with another EGFR-blocking drug.
Osimertinib is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More About Osimertinib
Definition from the TCH Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Osimertinib – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.