This page contains brief information about talc and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Sterile Talc Powder
Use in Cancer
Talc is approved to prevent:
- Malignant pleural effusions from recurring (coming back).
More About Talc
Definition from the TCH Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Talc – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Talc – Check for trials from TCH’s list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.