This page contains brief information about rucaparib camsylate and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
Rucaparib camsylate is approved to treat:
- Ovarian epithelial, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer. It is used:
- As maintenance therapy in adults with recurrent disease who are having a complete or partial response to platinum chemotherapy.
- In adults whose cancer has certain mutations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genesand who have already been treated with at least two other types of chemotherapy.
Rucaparib camsylate is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More About Rucaparib Camsylate
Definition from the TCH Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Rucaparib Camsylate – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.