This page contains brief information about granisetron and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
Granisetron is approved to be used alone or with other drugs to prevent:
- Nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy. It is used in adults.
Granisetron is also available in a different form called granisetron hydrochloride. For more information, see the Drug Information Summary for Granisetron Hydrochloride.
More About Granisetron
Definition from the TCH Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Granisetron – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.