This page contains brief information about carboplatin and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
Carboplatin is approved to be used alone or with other drugs to treat:
- Ovarian cancer that is advanced. It is used with other chemotherapy as first-line treatment. It is used alone as palliative treatment for disease that has recurred (come back) after earlier chemotherapy.
Carboplatin is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More About Carboplatin
Definition from the TCH Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Carboplatin – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.