This page contains brief information about bosutinib and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
FDA label information fo0r this drug is available at DailyMed.
Use in Cancer
Bosutinib is approved to treat:
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) that is Philadelphia chromosome positive. It is used:
- In patients with newly diagnosed chronic phase CML.
- In patients with chronic phase, accelerated phase, or blastic phase CML that cannot be treated with or that did not respond to other treatment.
Bosutinib is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More About Bosutinib
Definition from the TCH Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information for Bosutinib – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.