This page contains brief information about ziv-aflibercept and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
FDA label information for this drug is available at DailyMed.
Use in Cancer
Ziv-aflibercept is approved to be used with FOLFIRI to treat:
- Colorectal cancer that has metastasized (spread to other parts of the body). It is used in patients whose disease has not gotten better with other chemotherapy.
Ziv-aflibercept is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More About Ziv-Aflibercept
Definition from the TCH Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Ziv-Aflibercept – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.