This page contains brief information about apalutamide and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
US Brand Name(s)
FDA label information for this drug is available at DailyMed.
Use in Cancer
Apalutamide is approved to treat:
- Prostate cancer that has not metastasized (spread to other parts of the body) and is castration resistant (has not responded to treatments that lower testosterone levels).
More About Apalutamide
MedlinePlus Information on Apalutamide – A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.